R.I.P: Francis "Butch" Nestor -- Repro -- 5/67 - 5/68

I no longer have the time to do the manual updates and intros - Please add yourself as a Topic in this forum
admin
Site Admin

R.I.P: Francis "Butch" Nestor -- Repro -- 5/67 - 5/68

Post by admin » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:16 pm

On Tue Mar 19 23:51:43 2002,
The following information was submitted:
FIRST_NAME = Francis
LAST_NAME = Nestor
SUBMIT_BY = fmn44@earthlink.net
TIME = 5/67 - 5/68
PLATOON = Repro
ACTUALLY_DID = Drank as often as Possible. OH! LITHOGRAPHER
HOMETOWN = Thousand Oaks, CA
MOS = Platemaker
ETS = 5/68
BIRTH_DATE = 7/9/44
FAMILY_STATUS =
LIVE_NOW = Magalia, CA
PROFESSION = Retired
CONTACT_PHONE = 530-873-3337
EXPERIENCE = Going out on the Navy Patrol Boat on South China Sea. Drinking with the Korean Marines at the Korean Canteen. Overall I felt it was a very interesting experience.
AFTER_NAM = First I would have to say raising a family. Feel very fortunate that we made it through without any major problems and drug free. Some College. Moved from Thousand Oaks, CA to Oregon for a few years. Another good experience. Moved from there to San Francisco Bay Area and lived there for 20 years before moving here to Magalia upon retirement. My wife and I enjoy going to Las Vegas. Now we have a reason other than gambling as our daughter and my brother-in-law now lives there. Other places we have been to are Hawaii (which we loved) and New Zealand which is a beautiful country.
DOING_NOW = We now do as much camping as possible with my wifes family. We were fortunate to find an RV that could be adapted for me to use my Power Chair. Other than camping we don't do a whole lot.
FUTURE_PLANS = I would like to get involved in the Veterans Advocacy. I would also like to get together with some of the guys in the 569th. I will be seeing John Copeland in Las Vegas.
COMMENTS = I would like to know where Robert Aldama is, if anyone knows.