Karl Amereller -- carto -- 4/67 - 4/68

I no longer have the time to do the manual updates and intros - Please add yourself as a Topic in this forum
admin
Site Admin

Karl Amereller -- carto -- 4/67 - 4/68

Post by admin » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:15 pm

On Sat Mar 23 16:17:57 2002,
The following information was submitted:
FIRST_NAME = Karl
LAST_NAME = Amereller
SUBMIT_BY = tamiamereller@hotmail.com
TIME = 4/67 - 4/68
PLATOON = Carto
ACTUALLY_DID = 81C20
HOMETOWN = Denver, CO
MOS = 81C20
ETS = 2/69
BIRTH_DATE = 11/24/46
FAMILY_STATUS =
LIVE_NOW = Castle Rock, CO
PROFESSION = Retired
CONTACT_PHONE = (303)663-5159
EXPERIENCE =
AFTER_NAM =
DOING_NOW =
FUTURE_PLANS =
COMMENTS =

admin
Site Admin

Re: Karl Amereller -- carto -- 4/67 - 4/68

Post by admin » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:24 am

Just a note to say that I heard from Karl a couple of weeks ago.
He sounded great and is doing well considering the hardships that have faced him.
We had a great talk and he promised to send some photos and movies he has from the 67-68 years.

He wanted to let me know a few things that he thought would be of interest to other 569ers.

I am paraphrasing our conversation so I can't vouch for the accuracy 100%, but this is the way I recall what he said.

He was diagnosed with cancer several years ago. He had treatment and now appears to be cancer free.
He feels his time in Vietnam at a camp void of vegetation in a land full of it has a direct relationship to his getting cancer. Camp McDermott was from what information he could find defoliated by the use of Agent Orange.

He is currently trying to get the Army to help/pay/provide care for his past/present/future medical needs.

He is interested in hearing from anyone else who has been diagnosed with illnesses that could be related to the use of agent orange.

For those that don't know, Karl was in a terrible automobile crash some 20 year or so ago and was left a quadrapalegic. He has handled it all admirably and says he gets along well with his assisted lifestyle.

He also wanted to let all disabled veterans know that because of recent changes, your disability does not have to be service related to get VA assistance. They just picked up a $20.000+ for installing a wheelchair lift into his new van. He was happy for that! :-)

Good info!

If you would like to contact Karl please email him at: khamereller@hotmail.com