James Hipsher -- Survey -- Mar. 68 - Oct.68

I no longer have the time to do the manual updates and intros - Please add yourself as a Topic in this forum
admin
Site Admin

James Hipsher -- Survey -- Mar. 68 - Oct.68

Post by admin » Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:06 pm

On 2005-11-29 at 14:34:03,
The following information was submitted:
FIRST_NAME = James
LAST_NAME = Hipsher
submit_by = poetjah59@yahoo.com
TIME = Mar. 68 - Oct.68
PLATOON = Topo Survey
Nam_Rank = E-5
Final_Rank =
ACTUALLY_DID = Topo Survey all over from NhaTrang to DMZ
HOMETOWN = Igloo, S.Dak.
MOS = Topo Survey
ETS = 12/06/68
BIRTH_DATE = 11/23/40
FAMILY_STATUS =
LIVE_NOW = Beaverton, Oregon
PROFESSION = Retired
CONTACT_PHONE = 503-466-9878
EXPERIENCE = They hit us in Nha Trang, blew up our Hdqs. Lucky no one was killed. They said it was the ROK guys, not the enemy. But, wow did you ever see a 105 explode in front of you? Lots of memories like this as the Topo unit traveled north to the DMZ and started working our way down, we called it triangulation and used Theodilites and Telerometers. In an out of lots of places like Camp Carroll, Dong Ha, Quang Tri, Wai(sp) provincial capitol, Camp Eagle, Dong Ong Do, LZ Rider,Colt,Sharon and Baldy, Tui Wa, Phu Bai, Chu Lai, Da Nang, Qui Nhon, and a dozen more places. Just glad to still be here and think often of so many of those who are still there somewhere.
AFTER_NAM = They evacuated me from Da Nang in Oct. 68, after an operation, to Camp Zama, Japan where I was for three weeks and then to Madigan Gen. Hospital where I was discharged after a month stay. Went east to see my gal and we eloped and moved to Alaska where we were from 1969 to 1999 and then moved to Beaverton, Or. Had two lovely daughters in Alaska and both are now married and live close by. I still play a mean game of golf and just found an old silver tray that says we won the Battalion Championship at Fort Belvoir before I was shipped to Vietnam. I remember playing against the General once, maybe we show have spotted him some strokes.
DOING_NOW =
FUTURE_PLANS =
COMMENTS =