Jame Celovsky -- Repro -- April67-April68

I no longer have the time to do the manual updates and intros - Please add yourself as a Topic in this forum
admin
Site Admin

Jame Celovsky -- Repro -- April67-April68

Post by admin » Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:59 pm

On Sat Mar 9 05:10:18 2002,
The following information was submitted:
FIRST_NAME = James
LAST_NAME = Celovsky
SUBMIT_BY = JCelovsky@aol.com
TIME = Apr67-Apr68
PLATOON = Repro
ACTUALLY_DID = print maps and updates
HOMETOWN = Brooklyn
MOS = offset pressman
ETS = Apr 68
BIRTH_DATE = August 7, 1946
FAMILY_STATUS =
LIVE_NOW = Staten Island, New York
PROFESSION = Printer
CONTACT_PHONE = (718) 667-1491
EXPERIENCE = All the characters one comes across while over there. Butch Nestor,who he and I went on harbor patrol with the navy one night. All the partying with everyone, Eddie Robertson, Bob Lutes, Mike Calder, Larry Dawson, Rob Aldama and everyone else who we all knew. Going downtown to the steambath houses,the bar girls , the beaches etc.
AFTER_NAM = After Nam went back to printing and just enjoyed going out trying to conquer nyc. In the summer we would go to the beaches along the ny,nj,del and maryland coast. In 1980 I got married. My wife is a school teacher.My son has finished his first year at Wagner College on Staten Island and my daughter will be a senior next September in high school.She will be attending college for merchandizing, after her senior year. We enjoy our family vacations and relaxing in our above ground pool during the summer.
DOING_NOW = I am presently working in nyc for a printing company. I have been with this company for 20 years. The area the company is located is the westside of Grenwich Village, two block from the Hudson River. I describe the area I work in as the best area a person could possibly work in. Never a dull moment.
FUTURE_PLANS = My future plans are to get my children through college. This will take me to 62 and retire from the printing business. Get a part time job to keep active. I would like to go back to Nha Trang to see what it looks llike now
COMMENTS = Bud Downey and myself have been active in seeking all those who served with our outfit.I hope we can all get together for a reunion and reminisce of our times with the 569th. I still trying to locate R Aldama, M Calder J Koebler etc.

jimmy

Re: Jame Celovsky -- Repro -- April67-April68

Post by jimmy » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:39 pm

Test to check account

jimmy

Eddie Robertson and I had a reunion in New York City

Post by jimmy » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:55 pm

After 40 years Eddie Robertson and I had a reunion in New York City. Eddie and his wife Connie along with a group came to New York. We spent all day visiting the sites of the city. We visited World Trade Center site, took the ferry across the bay, passing the Statue of Liberty, etc. We had lunch at a area called Stone Street, very historical. After walking through the seaport area time went by fast so we took the train uptown back to their hotel and we said goodbye. It was such a heart warming day I will always cherish. Hope to get to Texas soon to visit Eddie.

Jimmy
Attachments
eddie%20robertson%20in%20new%20york%20(3).JPG
eddie%20robertson%20in%20new%20york%20(3).JPG (31.02 KiB) Viewed 5076 times
eddie%20robertson,%20his%20wife%20connie%20&%20jimmy%201.JPG
eddie%20robertson,%20his%20wife%20connie%20&%20jimmy%201.JPG (64.58 KiB) Viewed 5076 times
140769db.jpg
140769db.jpg (32.4 KiB) Viewed 5080 times