Getting the VA to cover possible Agent Orange problems

Ever wonder why Camp McDermott had no vegetation?
admin
Site Admin

Getting the VA to cover possible Agent Orange problems

Post by admin » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:10 pm

Karl Amereller was diagnose with cancer.
read what he told me here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=117

I have heard from several others stationed at Camp McDermott who have cancer or other illnesses that are possibly related to the defoliation that obviously had to have been done there.

If you know of anyone or have any problems please post them in this forum.

Thanks

Re: Getting the VA to cover possible Agent Orange problems

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:34 am

Ken Wilkinson (Carto) died Saturday, August 7, 2010, at Fairfax Hospital in Virginia. He was riddled with cancer. He went in on Thursday and the Doctors told his wife Diane to prepare for the worst, which came quicker than anyone expected. Ken was in country from 1968 to 1969 and travelled with the survey platoon.

mimike
Interesting Things about Yourself: I served in several TOPO units in the '60's and '70's (655th,66th,524th and 649th) would like to establish a site for the other TOPO Co in VN, the 66th.
Would like info on TOPO units in general during the Cold War and VN era - numerical designations, where located, time frames units were there, inof on personnel - Commanders, Plt Leaders, Sergeants Major and First Sergeants, etc.

Re: Getting the VA to cover possible Agent Orange problems

Post by mimike » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:47 pm

If you served in VN and have contracted diabetes (or have other problems) you may very well be eligible for VA care. I not only get a VA disability but the Army gives something called Combat Related Service Disability due to type II diabetes. My understanding is that diabetes is pretty much an automatic qualifier for VA care, you just have to file the paper work.